Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health T/A Merial New Zealand Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information that you provide when using the Animal Health Plan (AHP) app or website.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
You are not obliged to provide us with this information, although failure to do so may result in us being unable to process your registration or provide you with information you may wish to obtain through the AHP app or website.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the APP app and website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products; and
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you (including providing alerts);
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose) as well as sending marketing and promotional materials;
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- your nominated veterinarian, if you are a farmer (although your personal information will only available to the veterinarian for contact purposes), and to AHP administration staff for the operation and administration of AHP).
- your nominated customers, if you are a veterinarian;
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We will take all levels of reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 742 476.
We will require evidence of who you are and require you to set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Use of our website and apps
The images collected by the system in the “compliance” section are photographs taken by you of batch information on the labels of Animal Health products. These images are used for compliance purposes and are only available to the farmer and the farmer’s vet clinic.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.